Alexa ranking of websites
What is Alexa Ranking?
Alexa ranking of websites! alexa.com gives you one of the best results free to know the current performance of your website. For a beginner it may be a little difficult to show up in the status sometimes. But if you have a one month old active website, you will see the global and country ranking of your website for free. This not only allows you to know the current performance of your keywords but also helps you monitor the growth of your website. That is why alexa ranking of websites is simply great.
Let’s know some details about alexa. Alexa rank is basically a measure of website popularity. It is designed to rank millions of websites in order of popularity. A site having Alexa Rank of 1 is the most being the most popular. Here, we have google.com as the most popular site in the world. Alexa Rank is a measure of well-doing of a website relative to all other sites. This makes it a great KPI for benchmarking and competitive analysis.
Alexa was founded as an independent company in 1996 and acquired by Amazon in 1999. Alexa provides web traffic data, global rankings, and other information on over 30 million websites. Today, millions of users follow alexa.com for growth of their websites. You can easily check the alexa ranking of websites for free analysis.
Is Alexa ranking important?
Alexa rank provides detailed competitive analysis about the traffic, engagement of visitors, bounce rate and many other factors which help to grow your website. This data allows you to get a better understanding of your site and which area to work more on. for more popularity. So, knowing the status of your website’s Alexa ranking is a good start. You can start by searching “alexa ranking” in search engine and click on alexa.com/siteinfo
Is Alexa rank important for SEO?
If a web traffic on your website increases over a 3 month period, Alexa Rank will automatically decrease. Alexa Rank acts as a tool for SEO audits, especially in comparison to competitors. It also shows the competitors your website has which share the % of traffic with your site for similar searches. It helps to notice the black horses in the business.
The 1 month rank is calculated by Alexa using a combination of average daily visitors and page views over the past month. The site with the highest combination of visitors and page views is ranked #1. However, the basic graph shows the rank growth over a period of 3 months.
What is the fastest way to increase Alexa ranking?
- Focus on Quality Content with low difficulty keyword but considerable search traffic.
- Post your content in social media groups and your subscribers through email marketing
- Index your Blog URL to Search Engine and Directories.
- Work on Quality Backlinks (off page SEO) by link building.
- Keep your site clean and free from spam by regular checking.
- Check your competitors and the share of common audience.
- Install the alexa chrome extension for traffic monitoring for free.
Step by Step guide to monitor alexa ranking of websites
Checking the world rank
Friends, I will give the example of my site www.shoppingmadeasyforyou.com and how it improved over a period of time with pictures for your understanding. It started with a rank of 6.7 million in June 2020 when the site was established. Now, it is 483k as on mid Oct 2020. You can also check out stuffgate for one month alexa rank and value of your business at www.stuffgate.com
Alexa site metrics
The alexa ranking of websites can be understood in details through alexa site metrics also. This helps you to know about many important aspects of traffic to your website. Check out these:
1. Search traffic source- Traffic driving to your site from keywords which have ranked your site
2. Social Media traffic source- This traffic source is from social media accounts like twitter, facebook, Pinterest, Linkedin, Instagram, telegram, Youtube and many more…
3. Referal source- This means if any other website or page is referring your website to others and the traffic driven to your site from such referals.
4. Direct source- This traffic searches your website name directly in search engine to reach your site.
Alexa site metrics provides all the details of traffic driven to your site through any one or all of the above based on the subscription. No.1 is free without free trial. The site metrics also shows the following data:
1. The number of page views each visitor checks out on an average and the % growth on it.
2. The average time a visitor spends on your site.
3. Bounce rate- This is a measure of more time spent and more page views by a visitor on your website. It is measured in percentage. The more is the bounce rate, that means visitors neither spend time on your page nor check out other pages of your website. The lesser the bounce rate, the better is your website performance and popularity.
Alexa ranking of websites through Chrome extension free
This is a very cool feature of alexa.com. It provides a free google chrome extension pluggin with which you can check the global and country ranking of all websites. This helps to constant monitor the growth (positive or negative) of your website. You improve as well as put more effort into the keywords which are doing well for you or can do better.
Alexa additional marketing tools
You can check and review the tools by subscribing free trial of alexa.com. As a whole, it is the best tool to know the popularity of your website as well as the overall performance relative to your competitor sites. I have explained the details of the tool as I have been benefited through it.
If you find the information useful, please recommend and share the blog post. Do comment for additional information you want to see here. Thank you